Sunday 16 July 2017

Super readers homework for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Super readers homework for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
By Jayden.

Draw your favourite scene or character from the book.
‎Thursday‎,_‎13‎_‎July‎_‎2017.png


In writing tell us why it's your favourite scene or person. Try and use lots describing words and wow words! Remember some of the awesome wow words we went over after reading! Like flabbergasted, absurd, colossal, astonish etc.


Veruca is my favourite character because she tries to get her own way all of the time. She has her dad wrapped around her little finger and he will do anything that she asks. In the factory, Veruca wants a squirrel and asks her father for one. When Wonka states that they are not for sale, Veruca goes rogue and tries to steal a squirrel from the nut room. What she didn't expect was all 100 squirrels attacking her on the spot. Veruca is the second to last child to disappear. I was pleased when she left.


After seeing the movie, what do you prefer? The book or the movie? Tell me why and remember to use lots of examples.


I preferred the book more than the movie because I like the songs and it was funny when you sang them to us. I also liked the book because I could imagine it in my head too. The pictures I was imagining in my head were quite different to the scenes in the movie. For example in my head Willy Wonka had a different hat and face than it was in the movie.
The movie missed out some of the details that were in the book and some parts of the story were a wee bit different in the movie.

25-fun-facts-about-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment